TrueTear is state-of-the-art technology in eye care that's easy to use. TrueTear is a handheld stimulator with daily disposable tips that is inserted into the nasal cavity to induce the production of tears. TrueTear is the first of its kind to provide a temporary increase in tear production in this way.
- How should using the device feel?
- Some people report a tingling sensation, or tickling or massaging. The sensation may be different depending on the level of strength you are using.
- Where is the "sweet spot"?
- It takes practice to find the "sweet spot". The TrueTear tip needs to contact the nerves under the bridge of the nose. Insert the tip into your nose, as far as comfortable, with the buttons pointing towards your lips and face and move the tip to the top and front of the nose.
- What are the most common side effects?
- In clinical studies, the most common side effects were nasal pain, discomfort or burning. For additional side effects, please talk to your doctor.